Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sneak Peak Number 6 for Natures Notes Four Day Deal on Create and Craft TV


After having so much fun doing the canvas I had to do something with a cardboard frame I purchased recently from K&Company…



The papers and colours for the June selection are just too pretty and it would be rude not to use them. I used a piece of Core’dinations White wash in pale pink and passed it through my Embosellicious 6 x 6 Regency Damask folder. When I sanded it back it revealed the dark pinkish plum core of the card. I attached a strip to the middle section of the frame using my Mod Podge.

The bonus papers in this cd-rom is amazing. Printed off a sheet that I liked, dusky pinks and dusky browns with flowers and butterflies. However the frame is wider than the width of the frame…so I tore the pieces of the patterned paper into small sections and deco patched with my Mod Podge. Gave it a thick top coat of Mod Podge to seal and left to dry. Once dry I used my Inky duster and some Walnut stain and Tattered Straw to take the newness look off. Painted round the edges of the frame in cream acrylic paint and smudged with my finger some onto the flat deco patched area.  

To cover the joins between the two different papers I added some ultra thick red tape and roughly gathered up some cream grosgrain ribbon. On the top section I added from the Borders section the heart ribbon embellishment and placed it on top of the ribbon with my silicon glue.



From Core’dinations White Wash and Vintage made a large and small rose with the Die’sire quilling dies. Spritsed them with water, crumpled petals into shape. Once dry inked the edges of the petals in pink and pale lilac.

Cut and stamped a key in gold, distressing the edges in Victorian Velvet.

Tag was cut from the cd-rom, along with two flower shaped button. Added clear embossing powder to the buttons to crate shine.

Die cut two flourishes in craft paper.


Stamped and cut out a small bird image from Kaisercraft.

Flower shaped button was also added.

The sentiment in the frame was stamped onto cream card in pink and the sentiment was embossed in gold. Alternatively you could add a photograph to the frame.  


Keep checking in for more sneaky previews and remember and tune into Create and Craft TV at 8 am on Monday 20th May 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment