Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Fabulous Embossalicious

Had a play today with the fabulous Embossalicious embossing folders from the clever people at Crafter's Companion...it's hard to decide which ones to ''play'' with they are all so, so lovely...

Once I had finished stroking all the folders I eventually decided on my favourite Argyle which comes in the amazing A4. I used it twice on the card but in two different colours as wanted to show you how fantastic the folder is.


I passed the folder through my die cutting machine and used the amazing Core'dinations papers and sanded the relief pattern back to reveal the core - I think that this effect shows the folder off to it's best.



I used my sewing machine to attached the matts and layers together. This is the first time I have used this technique and I am in love with it.

From the lovely Peach Melba pinks and yellows to something a bit more masculine. On this project I combined two different Embossalicious folders: Regency Damask 8 x 8 and Argyle A4 (told you it was my favourite).


The deep teal coloured Core'dinations paper from Brights was passed through the Embossalicious folder Regency Damask 8 x 8. Sanded it, added some distress inks and then added clear and antique gold embossing powder and blasted it with my heat gun.


I ripped the edges of the patterned paper and passed it through the Argyle A4 folder. I love the contrast in textures between the masculine Argyle folder and the feminine Regency Damask folder.

The depth of embossing on these fabulous Embossalisious folders is amazing and the range of sizes and designs available mean they suit any style, wither it be shabby chic or steam punk...check out the full range at Crafters Companion UK.



No comments:

Post a Comment