Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sneak Peak Number 3 for Edwardian Ladies Four Day Deal on Create and Craft TV


The 3rd of my cards for next week’s launch on Create and Craft TV from Crafters Companion.




Using the Edwardian Lady I chose the gorgeous colours in the August section. I loved the image of the foxglove on the August shaped card but didn’t want to use it as it was. So I printed and cut out the main Foxglove oval. I used my embossing pen and added clear embossing powder to some of the blooms to make them look as though they are glistening with dew (or more like rain).
The green and pink swirl paper is a perfect background for the Foxgloves to nestle against, but I aged the edges with Victorian Velvet to tie the pink and green together. Then matted and layered onto some pink card.

I wrapped very loosely some narrow gold and cream ribbon twice round the pink and green matt and layer – I didn’t intend to leave it loose but the first wrap didn’t stick properly and I liked how it looked, so I think it’s what they call in the business ‘’a happy accident’’.

I cut the pink leaf flourish and pink button from the cd-rom and added clear embossing powder to create shine and dimension.

The tag was cut from the cd and the pink frame layered on top. Added some garden twine to the tag.
The love heart was a cheap silver embellishment I had in my stash, but added gold embossing powder and created a lovely gold expensive looking embellishment.

I covered a matchbox with craft paper, wrapped a section of garden twine around it twice. Lined the inside with some crumpled up white tissue paper to create a bed for the acetate butterfly. I used my alcohol pens to lightly colour the acetate butterfly and glued into place.  
All that was now left to do was to stick it all together using my Collall glue. As always I build the card never actually gluing any of my embellishments down until I am 100% happy with how the card looks. 

Once happy I take a picture on my mobile, deconstruct the card and use the picture to refer to rebuild the card. Nine times out of 10 am happy with the results.




Remember and tune into Create and Craft TV on Monday 20th May at 8 am…make sure you have set the alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment