Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Last Sneak Peak (Number 8) for Natures Notes Four Day Deal on Create and Craft TV


Sadly this is the last of my samples as the launch is happening in just less than 24 hours, I can’t wait.
For my last card/project I still wanted to do a card but try something a little different. I’ve made a slider card before, and am not going to go into depth on how to make one as there are loads of tutorials already out there. However, going to try something a little different so stay with me…


Once you have made your plain slider card. I made mine from Centura Pearl Snow White. It’s time to decorate…the fun part.
I chose a piece of pink Core’dinations card from the Roy G Biv stack and passed it through my Royal Damask 8 x 8 Embosselisious folder. To the raised damask areas I brushed some gold ink, this created the bottom section of my matt and layer and I added pink spotted velum to the top and joined them together. Cut this section to size and matted into gold paper.
To cover the join I die cut a gold ribbon threader and laced some thin white ribbon through.
Cut a sentiment from the cd-rom and attached with 3d foam to the damask section of the card.


From the pink Core’dinations card I made a small easel mechanism and attached it securely to the top of the card. I decorated the easel mechanism with two sunflowers made using the Dies’ire small and large sunflower quilling die in white vellum. Buttons and pearls added to the flower centres.
Cut a gold leaf from the Die’sire Leaf 2.
Dark pink doilies is from the embellishment section for May, along with the bird frame. Added glossy accent to the bird frame to add some shine. Pink flower shape button was also cut from this section and added clear embossing powder for shine. These embellishments where added using my silicon glue.   
So how does it work, well to post it un hook the easel section (with the flowers) from behind the gold ribbon threader and lay flat and to raise it back up for display just tuck it back behind. I love this techniques. Slider cards are lovely but when you get them and display them they look nothing when lying flat, but now you can raise an element of the card up for all to see.


Remember and tune into Create and Craft TV tomorrow at 8 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment