Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sneak Peak Number 5 for Edwardian Ladies Four Day Deal on Create and Craft TV


If you have been following my blog over the past few days you will by now have realised that you NEED to purchase these cd-roms from the ever so clever Crafter’s Companion.
My 5th sample for the launch is from July, Edwardian Ladies. Decided to try something different as all my samples so far have been cards. I won a fantastic box of goodies a few weeks ago on the lovely Tracy Evans blog (http://www.craftaddicts-tracyevans.blogspot.co.uk) and in amongst the goodies was this fabulous canvas.


I selected a fabulous opulent, dark blue damask paper which I passed through my Embosellicious Argyle A4 folder and cut a strip a few centimetres short of the width and height of the canvas.
I mixed some cream enamel paint with some Mod Podge and painted around the edges of the canvas with a thick layer and left to dry. Adding the Mod Podge helps to harden the paint and create a rough finish. Once dry I added the embossed paper by painting a layer of Mod Podge onto the canvas, then the paper and then painted another layer of Mod Podge and left to dry. Once it was all dry I distressed with various Tim Holtz inks with my Inky Dusters, building up the colour gradually.
From the Font section I selected the word LO V E in size 5 in a brown colour using the colouriser. I cut the letters into squares and rounded the edges off with my corner punch. Distressed the edges with my distress inks and roughed the edges with my scoring tool. I think they kind of look like Scrabble tiles.

I cut the Flora oval section out and distressed. Cut out the Kingfisher bird from one of the frames, added clear embossing powder, which created a lovely glossy finish to the bird. Cut the blue love heart, the blue button and the pink bow out – I made the pink bow glossy in the same way as the bird.
From the www I found a free image of an Edwardian lady with a blue tint, which matched perfectly with the blue damask paper. Roughed the edges and inked.
I started to play about with the layout and decided that I need something behind the Edwardian lady image, so from my crafty stash selected a cream doilies, which I aged lightly with Walnut Stain.


Near the bottom of the canvas I added a piece of antique style cotton lace. Added an organza bow from Creative Expressions in champagne.
From my crafty stash I added some small white and red roses.
I made a hat pin, using a pearl, a crystal and a blue bead. From the lovely Hobby House I attached a small antique clock and added a narrow piece of blue ribbon.
To hang the canvas I used a thinner piece of antique style cotton lace.
I think out of all the samples I've made this is my favourite and would love to find a reason to make another.


Keep checking in for more sneaky previews and remember and tune into Create and Craft TV at 8 am on Monday 20th May 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment