Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Another Day, Another Embossing Folder

Today I carried on with the my last two Embossalicious samples for Crafter's Companion.



I did contemplate doing something white on white but chickened out and opted for pale grey and cream. I loved how the paisley embossed section looked like material due to the pattern on the paper. Now that I have 'mastered' sewing into card with my sewing machine I am hooked and just had to use it again.



The flower was made using the Die'sire sunflower quilling die, I used the small and large.

I just love how subtle and delicate this card look, but am sure it would equally as nice in bright tones.



My second card today, and last of my samples, I used Patchwork and Argyle A4 Embossalicious folders.


I made the frame from pieces of card that I cut and embossed from the Patchwork folder and joined them together to make a frame, as I attached them I off set them...did'nt want them all lined up to perfectlty. I did think about joining them together with some zig zag stitch via my sewing machine, but thought probably too much.

Then I cut a piece of material larger than the middle section and stamped onto it a rose pattern (the material did have a small rose repeat pattern on it) as i thought it matched perfectly. I added my clear embossing powder and heat embossed. Once dry I started to colour the stamped image in with my alcohol pens - just do small dots of colour (as the ink will bleed) and build up the colour. I created the padded section with a piece of card the size I wanted the padded section to be. I did'nt have any wadding so I got inventive and used some cotton wool balls. I teased them out and attached to the cardboard square, covered with a piece of white felt and then the material.


I centred the padded section in the middle of the card and added the frame. I used foam tape to raise the frame off the blue backing layer which was embossed using the Argyle A4 folder.


I just L O V E how it turned out and L O V E the freshness of the green and blue colour combination. I hoe you do to.

No comments:

Post a Comment