Thursday, June 6, 2013

Paisley Pattern


When I set out to make this card I initially wanted to do a White On White card as I have never takled one before...well you can see from the picture of the completed card I chickened out. Oh well maybe next time.



I wanted the two main focal point to be that of a flower and a textured embossed section.

I selected the Die'sire quilling die Sunflower small and large, I just L O V E how the Die'sire quilling dies creates such realistic looking flowers and I am lucky to get such lovely comments.

The backing paper I chose is from Grace Taylor, Vintage Romance stack 12 x 12. I picked the delecate  grey chevron paper and cut to size. Inked the edges with distress inks and rouched up with my disstress tool.

From by Coredinations Roy G Biv, selected a piece of pale grey and passed it through my embossing machine in the Embossalicious Paisley A4 embossing folder. I lightly sanded it with my sanding block also from Coredinations. Cut the piece to size and aged edges with distress inks.

From the Die'sire range I chose the Lace Border 1 die and cut a piece of cream handmade paper and die cut the border. Attached to card with tape and over laped a piece of vintage crochet lace.

I attached the embossed section to the chevron paper with some double sided tape and then with my sewing machine went round the edges in a zig zag stitch so as to create the stitched on look that is so in just now. This was the first time I have tried this technique, as I have been drooling over cards with this effect on the www for ages. I am not fantastic on the sewing machine but was so surprise at how easy it was...am hoocked.


The flower was made using the Die'sire Sunflower small and large and was cut from the same handmade cream paper that I cut the border die from. Used my large embossing ball tool to mould the petals into shape. From by button stash...you can never have too many buttons...I selected a small mother of pearl flower shaped button which picked up the cream and grey tones of the card perfectly. Sewed the centre with some grey cotton thread and attached to the centre of my sunflower. Die cut some various sprigs of leaves and as with the petals used my large embossing ball tool to mould into shape.

For the FULL range of Die'sire Embosslicious embossing folders and Die'sire dies visit the Crafter's Companion website.

My favourite part of the card would have to be the Paisley Embosslaicious A4 embossing folder from Crafter's Companion. This was only passed through my machine once and yet it creates such a crisp and heavily embossed look. 


Although the card didnt end up looking like the card I had in my mind, I am happy with how it looks. By choosing a pale and limited colour palette you can create timeless and classic cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment