Wednesday, June 12, 2013

There's Kitch and then there's Kitch

My first sample using the Marianne Design Stamps Fabulous Fifties Kitchen was quite plain so I wanted to try and make another sample that pushed myself and the products a little further.





These are the products I used (all available from Crafter's Companion):

  • Marianne Design Pretty Paper Bloc, Happy Days (PK9095)
  • Coredinations Vintage, Centura Pearl Snow White
  • Marianne Collectables (COL1321)
  • Marianne Collectables (COL1321)
  • Marianne Design Charms, Happy Days (JU0893)

 The stamped image of the lady holding the cak is fab and I new I wanted to use her as my starting point. I coloured the stamped image using my alcohol pens in colours that co-ordinated with the backing papers I selected from the paper block: retro print kitchen itensils. Once coloured I cut her out using my craft knife - am not great with scissors.

I made a long narrow envelope from Kraft paper and made an insert for the envelope from the red gingham paper from the same block. I stamped one of the round images from the stamp set in black and coloured red using my alcohol pens and added some clear embossing powder and heated so as to create a shine. I had a fizzy juice bottle top and added the stamped image to the top, covering the brand name and added a small blue bow made from raffia.





Stamped and die cut one of the stamped sentiments and decorated. Added a charm from the pack and added some Versamark and white embossing powder and carefully heated. I love changing the colour of embellishments, so dont be put off when buying them just because you dont lik the colour...it's amazing what you can do with alcohol pens and embossing powders.

I wanted to create further dimension to the card, so from another piece of the red and white gingham paper from the Block - this time showing the pretty edged design - I cut a piece to the required size and with my Hougie Board, scored and folded. I now have a piece of pleated paper, I added this to the card and attached using the new FAB U LOUS Tacky Glu from Collall - I am totally amazed at how it seem to stick everything and goes off really quickly, so no time wasted holding or finding things to weigh it down until it does.

Placed the kraft paper envelope, bottle top and sentiment on top of the pleated paper and added 3 co-ordinating coloured pins.

Selected a piece of blue paper from Coredinations Vinatage. Rounded the corners of the patterened paper and added small white pearls.

I made some bunting...who does'nt love a bit of bunting...from the paper block and mixed and matched  colours and patters. Added a piece of pale blue twine for the bunting.

Stamped the small tin of tomatoes image in black on Kraft paper, coloured using alcohol pens and cut out and attached.

I used Centura Pearl Snow White as my card basis.




I love how the freshness of the colour palette of the card combined with the retro red, but my favourite part of the card has to be th altered bottle top - simple but effective, oh and I also love the dimension of the pleated paper section. I hope you love it too....

Tune into Create and Craft TV on Sunday 16th June at 12 noon for more products and samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment