Friday, June 14, 2013

Hoopla

If you are like me an spend hours looking at pictures of amazing cards on the www you will have created a library of ideas you would love to try. The idea I have been desperate to try is that using an embroidery hoop and have a wee collection of them in my stash...I picked up this one in a local pound outlet.


The products I used from Marianne Designs and Crafter's Companion are:

Dies: Marianne Design Creatables - Anja's Vintage Decoration
Folders: Embossalicious Regency Damask 8 x 8
Stamps: Marianne Design Stamps - Romantic Vintage (CS0869)
Embellishments: Marianne Design Charms - Happy Days (JU0893) & Marianne Design Text Ribbon - Roses are Red (JU0897)

Tune into Create and Craft TV on Sunday 16th June at 12 noon for more products and samples.

I started by deciding on my colour pallete...I wanted pinks and pale turquoises but I didnt have any backing papers in my stash that I liked! But I did remember I had a little packet of gorgeous printed paper tissues (the iosh kind you keep in your designer handbag) that would be perfect. So I took the backing ply and left the top patterned ply. I selected a light weight piece of white card and coated it with a very thin layer of PVA glue and very gently and carefully added the tissue layer to the card and smoothed out wrinkes as I went. Once that had dried I then went over the top with a couple of thin coats of PVA glue. Once that was dry - PLEASE, PLEASE make sure it is dry - passed it throught my Embossalicious Regency Damask folder. I then did as I would with a piece of material and added the hoops.

I die cut th Anja's Vintage Decoration die in white velum and pressure embossed, and before I took it out of the die I used it as a stencil with my Victorian Velvet Tim Holtz. Added a few little white pearls. I placed this at the bottom section of the hoop and attached.


I laid 3 layers of pink ruffles ribbon and let it over hand the edges and left the edges frayed.

I cut a length of the Roses are Red text ribbon slightly longer than the width of the hoop and attached a length of florestry wire to the back of it. The purpose of the wire was to let me bend and ribbon into shape. I used by Collall glue to attach this to the hoop.

The stamp was stamped in pink Momento ink and I added a spinkling of clear and white embossing powders and heated. Coloured the image with my alcohol pens and water colours. I tore around the square frame of the stamp and aged with distress inks.


From my stash I slelected a large cream and large pale pink rose but painted the leaves with my water colours to give more colour and shade.

I recently purchased from a stall (Vintage Lillac) at a Craft Fair some gorgeous vintage fabrics. The loveky lady on the staff was also selling buttons she had covered her self and she kindly told me hoe to do it and have been desperate to have a go. This project was ideal for this so I selected a piece of material with beautiful Peony roses that co-ordinated perfectly with my colour palette. I made 3 in total,: 1 large and 2 small. One of the small buttons I used as the centre piece of the white bow and the other 2 I used as embellishments.

I coloured one of the charms from the pack with my pink alcohol pen.

I laid and looped 2 lengths of a fine string of pearls across the card and attached with my Collall silicon glue, again leaving the ends to over hang the edges of the hoop.



From my stash I added an off white tassell but I lightly inked the ends with Victorian Velvet from Tim Holtz.

As I started to build the project something was missing. I needed something to decorat behind the stamped image on the backing paper, but what....I know it needed a pearl swirl. So I set about dotting my design onto the backing paper which was card to see so I used my pokey tool. The it came to me, andit had been stareing me in the face all the time...I needed to embroider the swirls...so I used some deep pink embroidery thread and followed the design in a back stitch and then went back in again with the same colour thread and did a Whipped Running Stitch.


I so love how this turned out and am desperate to do another. I have a baby card to do an I think I will be using another hoop as the basis. Hope you like.

For more samples and products remember and tune into Create and Craft TV 12 noon on Sunday 16th June.












2 comments: