Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cup of Delights

Over the past few days I have been previewing samples that I have been busying myself making for Crafter's Companion who are now proud stockist of Marianne Design products. I have been itching to show you my final project. I have already previewed the samples I made using the 1950's inspited Kitchen stamps, backing papers etc but I was desperate to do this project that I had in my mind...


From the vast array of Marianne products available from Crafter's Companion I used:

  • Dies: Die'sire Scalloped Tags, Die'sire Sunflower small and large & Die'sire Rose small and large
  • Stamps: Marianne Design Stamps - Fabulous Fifties - Kitchen (CS0870)
  • Papers: Marianne Design Paper Block - Happy Days (PK9095)
I purchased the cup and saucer from a high street store and set about decorating.



I have never decorated anything ceramic so I did some crafty research on the www and found that decall paper was the way to go - not going to go into detail here as there is lots on the www of how to do's. I stamped the images I liked from the Fabulous Fifties set and coloured with my acohol pens. I then scanned the images into my pc and printed onto the decall paper, soaked in water and attached to ceramic. The reason I stamped and scanned was that I was'nt sure how stamping onto the decall paper would work










I left the saucer relatively plain, but the cup I added some large decall images, went round the top and bottom lips of the cup with red and white spotted decorative tape and added a length of crochet ribbon.


From the paper block I made various flowers using the Die'sire Rose and Sunflower dies (small and large), adding florist wire as I rolled them up.

In the inside of the cup a glued a piece of oasis to allow me to anchor my flowers and decorations to. I added some shop bought cream flowers and red roses again with the florist wire what they came on. I also used some red and white buttons with florist wire attached to decorate gaps with. 


The lady holding the recipy book image I stamped onto white card and coloured using alcohol pens. Added Versamark and clear embossing powder and heated to create a gloss effect. I attached to the back a think lolly pop stick and used this to anchor/stick into the oasis, above the flowers.   


I found a tea bag in my store cupboard and attached the Kitchen Queen coloured stamped image, along with a small red gingham bow and again attached it to a lolly pop stick and anchored to the oasis.

My favourite part of all was the little tin of marmalade...and yes it is real marmalade...I painted the lid red, added one of the round stamped images from the stamp set and sprayed with acrylic varnish to crate gloss, tied some raffia around the jar. I attached the marmalade jar to the cup and oasis with a very strong bonding adhesive from a DIY store.

I cut a Scalloped Tag die from Die'sire in Kraft card and stamped New Home in Black and added a small length of red gingham ribbon. I attached the tag to the cup handle with the same strong bonding adhesive.


I think this has to be my most favourite sample I have made (to date) for Crafter's Companion. 

Don't forget to tune into Create and Craft TV on Sunday 16th June at 12 noon for more products and samples.


2 comments:

  1. This is a true work of art and I hope that Crafters Companion will treasure it. Amazing work and thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cath, many thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely comment.best wishes, Lynne

    ReplyDelete