Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kitch Kitchen


Today I am giving you a preview of 2 cards I have made for the crafty people at Crafter's Companion who are now proud stockists of the Marianne Design range. Tune into Create and Craft TV on Sunday 16th June at 12 noon for more products and samples.



Using the following products available from Crafters Companion I set to the task:

  • Marianne Collectable Apron die (COL1321)
  • Marianne Design, Pretty Paper Block - Happy Days (PK9095)
  • Marianne Design, Charms - Happy Days (JU0893)
  • Marianne Collectables - Scalloped Die and Sentiments (COL1321)
I wanted to evoke the kitchness of the 19050's so the ideal place to strat was with the pretty red gingham paper from the paper block and I co-rdinated it with the fabulous apron repeat pattern paper from the same block. I stamped the lady and the cook book image from the stamp set in black onto the red gingham paper.

Used my cricut machine to create 2 frames, 1kraft card and 1 red card, for the centre. Cut out around a section of the lady and tucked the 2 frame behind.

To separate the 2 joined pattrened papers I laid 3 lengths of red raffia. Added some hamdmade small cream roses, a red and white spotted covered button. From a packet of shop bought wooden kitchen embellishments selected the wooden spoon and shaded using my alcohol pens. Tied a raffia bow and added a threaded button to the centre.

The sentiment was stamped in black and I added clear embossing powder, coloured elements of th design with my alcohol pens, die cut it using the co-ordinating die that somes in the pack and added some pearls.

Matted and layered onto red card and the card itself was made from Kraft card.



I just L O V E the kitchness of this stamp set and once I started to use this set my imagination ran wild...keep popping in for more previews and to see just how wild I went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment