Friday, June 14, 2013

Romantic Vintage

The Romantic Vintage stamp from Marianne Design evokes a period of time gone past. From the samples made by the Crafter's Companion Design Team there are many differentr colour palettes you can use for this stunning image to create gorgeous cards and 3d projects.


For this card I used courtesy of Crafter's Companion:

Stamps: Marianne Design Stamps - Romantic Vintage - Thank You (CS0868)
Dies: Marianne Design Creatables - Anja's Vintage Decoration & Mariann Design Creatables Flourish (LR0118)
Embossing Folder: Embossalicious Regency Damask 8x8
Embellishment: Marianne Design Vintage Lace - Fleur (JU0898)

My backing papers chosen from my stash (vintage rose paper and grey gingham card) dictated the colour I chose to stamp the vintage inage in - antiqu browns. I stamped the image onto cream card and sprinkled a light patching dusting of clear powder and them some the same with vintage gold embossing powder and heated. This created a lovely blend of colours once heated. I then coloured the image with my water colour paints. Cut out the th round image by hand and cut a framed layer for it to sit on via my cricut machine and distressed with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo.


I matted and layered the card but added a piece of the gingham gret card on top of the vintage rose paper and hand stitched a small run of zig zag stitches near the top.

I die cut various flourishes in gold card and in brown Kraft card. Made some pearl flourishes.

Across the card I laid 2 lengths of vintage crochet ribbon and a length of antique gold frill.

The brown Kraft paper envelope at the back was made using the  Marianne Design Creatables - Anja's Vintage Decoratio die. I cut out the size of envelope I wanted but did not cut the top flap. I made the flap by adding my die and passing it through my die cutting machine and cut the side sections of the die  I did not need and folder over. I embellished the front of the die cutr envelope with small pearls. Inserted a small piece of calligraphy pattrened paper to the inside of the envelope.



As I started to buid the card it needed some flowers so I made some handmade roses from cream paper and colours with my distress inks and added a touch of gold ink to the edges of the petals. Attached a hand tied bow using the delicate Fleur Vintage Lace, also from Marianne.

Tune into Create and Craft TV on Sunday 16th June at 12 noon for more products and samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment