Friday, June 14, 2013

A Spot of Gardening

I have a confession to make...when I set out to make another card using the lovely Apron die from Marianne Designs my aim was to create a masculine card...I failed. However, this is how it turned out.

 

For my 1st sample using this die I used a delicious pink and turquoise pallete so this time I wanted to go more rustic and earthy - ideal colour palette for a masculine card.

Here are the Marianne products I used from Crafter's Companion:

  • Die: Marianne Craftabls, Apron (CR1246)
  • Papers: Mariann Design Paper Block - Happy Days (PK9095)
  • Stamps: Marianne Design Collectables - Scallop Dies and Sentiments

The Apron was cut from canvas paper (which was white). I sued my ink pads in various shades of brown as set to making the canvas paper die cut look like hessian. I faux stitched round the edges with a fine pen. The large and small pocket I cut free hand as the pockets that come with the die are lacy and not suited. I again coloured them with my ink pads and faux stitched edges also. Used the button elements of the dies and cut in brown card. From a piece of patchwork patterned paper I cut a rough small square and sewed it onto the large apron my hand - I wanted it to look like a patch. I built the apron by attaching thin brown ribbon for the apron ties with 4 very small brass effect brads from my stash. Glued the pockets on and added a small piece of twine and a little rose bud to the large pocket.


The backing paper is from the paper block and I used my distress inks to 'dirty' up the page.

From my crafty stash I had a bag of material leaves and I coloured them with my alcohol pens. Also in my stash I had a seed packet that I used in a previous sample (http://peonyandtwine.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/edwardina-lady-and-natures-notes-sneeky.htmlhttp://peonyandtwine.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/edwardina-lady-and-natures-notes-sneeky.html)

I used Kraft card as the card basis and layered the apron, leaves and seed packet onto the backing paper.

The sentiment is from the stamp pack and was stamped in a rustic orange ink and I added clear embossing powder and cut out by hand.

This is really where I should have left it, BUT it just didnt look or feel right...something was missing...more embellishments. So I could'nt help myslef and I just HAD to add a ltttle twine bow and some little shop bought flowers...


Althoughts it didnt end up being the masculine card I wanted it to be I dont think it's too feminine. To make it more masculine rather than add flowers I could of added more leaves, but hay ho I did'nt.

Tune into Create and Craft TV on Sunday 16th June at 12 noon for more products and samples.

2 comments:

  1. Lynne, What a creative and cute design!! Love all your details!
    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete