Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Shop Till You Drop

After paper crafting my other hobby is shopping so couldn’t resist not doing a card with these fabulous images. Would love to have lived in the era when your purchases where wrapped in tissue paper and instead of a plastic carrier bag placed in a gorgeous box...So to recreate these days of long gone I immersed myself in a Parisian boulevard…



The main basis of the card is a shaped card available on the cd-rom and I added a spotty paper again from the cd-rom to create a square card.

I just love the chandeliers in the arched windows of the shop and just had to attack them with my trusty glossy accent…only after spending half an hour trying to de clog the tip. I think the end result deserves the effort.

 

Something was missing from the scene and eventually it came to me…it needed an ornate lamp post. I used a stamp from Kaiser Craft and stamped in black and added clear embossing powder. Once dry cut the image out with my trust craft knife. Added some yellow ink to the lanterns and again I added glossy accent to the glass panes of the lamps. I wanted it took look as though they where light.

The Lady was a didgi stamp and I coloured her with my basic dark set of Spectrum Noirs and my water colour pencils I set about colouring her in. Added glossy accent to her shoes and matching patent handbag. From the didgi stamps I coloured and cut another hat box and placed it under the existing hat box she was carrying using 3d foam pads.

Cut the little Scotty dogs out – no need to colour as they came out the printer in black and white.

Cut the flower planter out and the sentiment was cut out using the Die’sire Scalloped Tag die. Added some grey ribbon with silver edging. With a piece of pink and white bakers twine I attached to the back of the Scotty dogs and to the wrist of the lady to create the dog’s leash.

All the elements of the card are now ready to be assembled. 3d foam pads used to add dimension to the scene, but something was missing. So I left the card for a while and started on another project and eventually it came to me…it needed a sumptuous bow, so that’s what I did. I think it adds the much needed finishing touch.

Don’t forget to tune in at 9 pm tonight to see more amazing samples from the Crafter’s Companion Design Teams.

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment