Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Love Letters…straight from the heart…


Another sneaky peak of the fabulous and frivolous release from Serif. Yesterday I introduced you to Tipsy. Unfortunately Tipsy is not available on the UK version, just the American I’m afraid.

So enough of what we don’t have, what do we have? Well we have the lovely Love Letters images. This section evokes a dark and romantic set of images that I felt lend themselves to setting the scene of writing a love letter in a glamorous French bedroom.

 

I printed out the didgi image and set about colouring her in. As I don’t have a huge selection of Spectrum Noirs I used them in conjunction with my water colour pencils. Thankfully my set of Dark Spectrum Noirs has lots of greys, perfect for colouring her in. On the more detailed lace sections of her dress I used a bog standard HB pencil to lightly shade these areas. Once I was happy with the colouring of the image I set about cutting her out with my trusty craft knife. I added glossy accent to areas of the desk as to create a lacquered furniture effect and her glamour slippers where given the patent leather look.

I then coloured and cut out the vase of roses and the little kitten, adding glossy accent to the vase and roses.

The mirror was coloured with my grey Spectrum Noirs and a silver pen. Cut the frame out and added a mirror board to the back to create a mirror.

The scene NEEDS a chandelier…every girl needs a chandelier (or two) in her life. I could have used the didgi image provided but I wanted to create a dramatic focal point. I purchased from my local craft shop a pack of pre cut wooden chandeliers. With my Watermark pen I coloured in the surface are and then with my Wow Black Glint heated the powder and this is the result…do you love it as much as I do?



The background/wallpaper was made from Co ordinations Vintage Collection and embossed with the Rose Garden 8 x 8 folder. After lightly sanding, with my cut and dry foam went over the raised image with pink ink…I wanted to create textured wallpaper. A strip of black card was added to make a skirting board and a pink from the Co ordination Vintage Collection was sanded lightly to make the carpet.

The Letters from the Heart sentiment was cut out using the large label from the Die’sire Scalloped Tag set. Stencilled round the edges with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet ink. Bevelled the tag into shape and attached with Collall silicon glue and embellished with two small black pearls.

Now all the elements of the scene are ready the mirror and chandelier where added with Collall glue and the desk, lady and cat where added using foam pads to create a 3d effect.     

The matt and layers where made from Centura Pearl Snow White, pink and black card I had in my stash and a pink and white lace paper from the cd-rom. The corners where embellished with art deco shaped black gems.


I hope you’ll be tuned into Ideal World on Thursday 28th April at 9 pm for the launch with the lovely Leann Chivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment