Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Know Which Ones My Favourite...

Well at long last the new fabulous embossing folders in the Die'sire range from Crafter's Companion have FINALLY been launched...I hope you where glued to the TV!

As part of the Die'sire Design Team we where all sent a selected bundle of folders to create projects to show the folders off to their best.

Know if I 'had' to chose just one for my crafty desert island which one would I choose...?

After much deliberation I can say that one of my favourite...yes one of my favourite, much apologies but I can chose. It's like asking a parent to choose their favourite child.

Chantily Corner it is...This amazing 8 x 8 folder has a gorgeous and elegant corner embellishment.

 
 
Using gorgeous Centural Pearl Snow white silver, I embossed one corner and cut card to the desired size. Using Memento Galaxy Gold ink lightly brush on the raised areas with your finger, just a little at a time to build up the desired colour.
 
 
 
I selected a square Dollie and with Tim Holtz Tattered Straw and Walnut Stain dabbed on ink with a wet baby wipe to create an aged look.
 
The post card is from a die cut pack from Papermania and I again aged the edges with Tim Holtz, Tattered Straw and Walnut Stain. With my bone folder worked round the edges and turned the corners in to age.
 
The large and small rose postage stamp embellishments are from Graphics 45, Secret Garden 8 x 8 paper pack. Postage stamps cut by hand and edges inked.
 
The rose is made from the Die'sire small rose quilling die. Cream velum was used, aged with Tim Holtz, Victorian Velvet. Once quilled brushed the edges with the actual ink pad of Victorian Velvet.
 
Butterfly acetate is from Inkylicious and is coloured in Spectrum Noirs.
 
 
 
The gold scissor embellishments are from my crafty stash.
 
The corner embellishments where originally silver but with the aid of Versamark and gold embossing powder they now co ordinate with the gold colour scheme.
 

Now all the elements of the main part of the card are completed the Centura Pearl Snow White Silver is matted and layered onto a pink/peach and green layers, from Co-ordination Vintage collection.

All the elements are attached with the wonderful Collall silicon glue.

Cant wait to see what all you crafty Crafter's Companions creations x

8 comments:

  1. A lovely card I was not sure on the embossing folder that gave a frame look or the corner when I saw it on create and craft but after seeing your card I can see it being useful for me, looks like that one might have to go on my wish list as well ..oops.
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, thanks for the lovely comment. I too havent used a corner folder until this one. I have only used it in one corner but will look stunning on all corners with a central embellishment. Get them before they are gone, best wishes x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Julie, thank you for your generous comment...are you going to hav a go? x

      Delete
  3. So very beautiful.
    Hugs,
    K.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have always affirmed that corner emb. folders are restrictive but after seeing this am totally convinced at how wrong I am. Just love how you have drawn the eye into the card and those lovely extras.
    oh dear, will now have to get my wish list back out and start rethinking it :-))
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veecee, glad to see that these fab folders from Crafter's Companion have changed both our minds...now all that is left is the rest of the world hee hee hee. x

    ReplyDelete