Sunday, March 17, 2013

New Crafters Companion Dies and Embossing Folders

This card was showcased on Crafters Companion Facebook page so for those who liked this card here's a brief description of how and what I used.




The 'brief' and starting point of this card was to use the quilling dies and the new, soon to be released embossing folders. I love using craft paper (or brown paper) to make flowers as they crease and fold and react to water when spritzed. Using the small rose die I made 2 die cuts and with the large rose I also made 2 die cuts. Once removed from the die I inked the edges with a mixture of Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge, Walnut Stain, Scattered Straw, Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen just building up the layers of colour until I was happy.  I shaped the flowers with a large embossing tool. To create the centre bud of the rose on the reverse of the petals move your embossing tool in a circular motion, once all the petals are shaped add the red double sided tape or you can use the more traditional wet glue technique. For the large rose die cut on the right side move your embossing tool in a circular motion - so the small rose will turn in on themselves as you quill and the large rose die cuts will turn out on themselves as they are quilled. Once the flower was made I inked the edges with Dovercrafts Copper ink.



The leaves where made from craft paper and the image used was a stamp from Papermania Build A Rose stamp. Stamped in Tim Holtz Walnut stain and coloured using Tim Holtz Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge and Antique Linen. Glossy Accents was added to veins on the leaves and couldn't resist some more bronze ink.

The backing paper of the card is from Coordinations Vintage Collection and was embossed with the new soon to be released embossing folder - you'll need to tune into Ideal World Wednesday 20th March at 9 pm to find out the full details...Once the page was embossed I lightly sanded with my sanding block. Once cut to size aged the edges and the raised sanded sections of the pattern with Tim Holt Rusty Nail using by inky dusters. Glossy accent was added to random raised section of the embossed pattern and then bronze ink was dabbed on random flowers to create highlights. With my Houggie Board scoring tool I ran the edges of the tool along the edges of the paper to distress and age.
Using a plain piece of paper I wanted to create an aged letter page. Using an Inkylicious stamp 'Latin Script' I stamped it in Artiste Chocolate (Docrafts) a few times. Using my inky dusters from Inkylicious I aged the page with Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Rusty Nail. With a wet baby wipe I then blotted the paper randomly to distress. The paper was then edged with cream crochet ribbon, which was inked slightly with Tim Holtz Antique Linen to calm down the newness.

The small tag was die cut from the Die'sire Scalloped Tag die and the paper was aged in the same was as above. Stamped with the sentiment 'For Your Kindness' from Just Rite, Grand Sentiments. Attached the tag with brown bakers twine and used Collall glue to raise.

The sections where matted and layered and the the rose, leaves, ribbon and tag attached. The fly was from a pack of embellishments. The hat pin was made using spare beads and pearls and attached with Collall silicon glue. Et voila...I think this card could be done in any colour way, shabby chic to colourful brights. It's definitely a card I will make again and the rose quilling die creates a realistic looking flower and the embossing folder is one that can be used time and time again. I know it will be a trusty favourite.



Remember and tune into Ideal World on Wednesday at 9 pm to see the full launch and the products in more detail with the lovely Leann Chivers.
Keep watching for more sneak previews....

No comments:

Post a Comment