Thursday, March 28, 2013

Frou Frou final sneak preview


Today’s the day that we finally put you out of your misery. We have been teasing you all for the past week. The lovely Leann Chivers will launch an amazing new Serif / Crafter’s Companion cd rom Frou Frou on Create and Craft TV tonight at 8 pm.

The Die’sire Design Team and other crafty designers for Crafter’s Companion have been busy creating some amazing projects.

I’ve used my favourite didgi stamps to create these cards:

Martini Girl

Poker Face

Meet Miss Frou Frou

Love Letters

Shop Till You Drop

The past few days I’ve gave you sneak previews of the last 3 so today am going to showcase Poker Face and Martini Girl

Poker Face

The reason I chose this image is that it is a refreshing change to do something girlie that isn’t pink…prior to card making I never was a yellow and orange combination fan. However, lately is seems to be drawn to these colours, maybe because they are the colours of spring.

As with my previous samples I cut and coloured the poker face image with my Spectrum Noirs and my water colour pencils to achieve the desire look.
Now all that’s ready is to create a background for her…I selected the yellow backing paper with the beautiful paper Chinese lantern print. I wanted a stark and bold colour to co-ordinate and contract with the yellow’s and orange’s so it had to be black.  I loved the black border with the Eiffel tower and cut it out with my trusty craft knife. Added glossy accent over the Eiffel tower. To the right of this from the embellishment section I used one of the frames with a luxurious chandelier. As with the Love Letters card I added Wow Black Glint embossing to create some much needed bling.

From the embellishments I cut out the pre coloured images of flowers and bows but printed out the didgi image of the Chinese paper lantern and coloured. I added versamark to the flowers and the bows and added clear embossing powder to add some shine. I decoupage the 3 bows and added a black rose made using the Die’sire Rose small quelling die. Added pearls to the centre of the orange and yellow flowers and added black gems to the centre of the rose.

I matted and layered the images onto black card and the white co coordinating paper from the cd-rom with Chinese paper lanterns and added all the embellishments but I wasn’t quite happy with the final result…something was missing…on the poufy there was a braiding but it didn’t look quite right so using my embossing pen and coloured in the braiding and added gold embossing powder and heated and finally I was happy with the card.

  ---o0o---
The images on this fantastic cd-rom are fantastic for producing party invitations and at the time when I was trying to make my mind up of what to do with these gorgeous images, papers and embellishments a friend asked me to make party invitations…that’s when the light bulb moment happened…

So a party invitation it is using Poker Face…I normally stick to the normal square or rectangular card that just opens and folds but have wanted to try and a slider card, just searched on the www and found a template.

Once I had the size of the template I wanted to decorate the fronts. Using the Martini Girl image I wanted to do something in pink and turquoise. So I set about colouring her in. Once finished I printed out a further 2 copies of the didgi image and just coloured and cut out the bow on her dress. Then I just layered them up with my Collall silicon glue. Printed, cut and coloured the tray of drink and added glossy accent to the glasses.

For the background I cut a pink lace paper from the cd-rom with the Die’sire Grace Frame onto that I matted a section of turquoise lace paper from the cd-rom and then a gorgeous patterned paper from the cd-rom with hats, gloves shoes etc. I cut a pre coloured butterfly from the embellishments section and added some small pink gems to the body.

The Lets Celebrate sentiment was cut out and matted onto a piece of the same turquoise lace paper and small pink gems added.

The inside slider part of the card was made using the smaller frame from the Die’sire Grace Frame and used the same papers as on the front. A vibrant piece of turquoise ribbon was used to create the sliding motion.

I absolutely love this card and would definitely attend the party, if this is what the invitations are like I bet the party is going to be a night to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment