Thursday, July 18, 2013

Misteletoe Kisses

Right so you have stocked up on all the fantastic new Christmas dies from the Die'sir range. Well, now they have only went and designed some fantastic stamps that compliment the dies so well.

There are 4 sets of stamps and they are jam packed full of sentiments and images that you can create endless adornments to your Christmas cards.

Today am going to be focusing on the first set Misteletoe Kisses which have been designed to work with the Tags 1 and Romantic Song Die'sire dies.

I love Kraft card and wanted to combined this with classic Christmas Red. I craeted my matt and layers with cream and red card. I used my Seasonal Music folder and created 4 rectagles to create a frame for the tag. I used Scalloped Tag from the Die'sire range and stamped with snowflakes. I used ultra fine white embossing paper to make them pop against the vintage background created using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo. The sentiment stamp was stamped in copper from the Misteletoe Kisses stamp set. I used the smallest die from the Snowflake set and made a hanging element, centred with a red pearl. I added some red gems and red pearls to the tag. Tied a double bow in red and white gingham ribbon and that's you done.


-o0o-

I had in my stash this amazing Poinsettia stamp and I stamped it twice onto red paper in prfectly clear embossing stamp and added metalic gold embossing powder and heated. I cut out one flower in full and the second I cut certain petals. Once cut I decoupaged them onto the full flower cut out with sillicon glue. To the centre I added some florestry gold and bronze buds and added some gold 3d glitter glue. Set that aside to dry and then set about making my holly sprig. I die cut 3 sprigs and coloured with my alcohol pens to create shade and definition to the leaves. Once ink was fry I used an emory board and sanded edhes of the leaves to create tecture and more colour definition.  

For the background I selected a piece of black Tim Holt Nostaligic Kraft core card and pased through embossing machine with the Seasonal Music 8x8 folder. Sanded relief pattern and then added some Enchanted Gold guilding wax. Selected a black and cream stripe paper for the bottom section of the card and brought the two sections together with a piece of gold and cream ribbon.

I used the Romantic Song Frame Die'sire die and cut the inner and outer section in cream card. The middle section I stamped the sentiment from Misteloetoe Kisses in black and added clear embossing powder and heated.

The gold ruffled backing paper was created from gold crepe paper and I care fully stretched the edges to create this ruffled effect. I matted this onto the card wich was slightly smaller than the gold layer as I didnt want to see the card, just the ruffled gold.

Now all I had to do was build the card and I used foam pads and sillicon glue to create height and red pearls for the Holly berries. I love the red, black and gold combination, just that something a little different.


-o0o-

I loved using black on the last card that I thought I would try using it again but more of an accent colour this time. I though blues and teals would make a nice contract to the black. So now the colour combinations where chosenm what to do with them. From my stash I stamped two holly sprigs onto pale silver paper and added Black Twinkle embossing powder and cut round the Holly. Using a round circle die, I die cut a section using some black and pale grey music paper. Once cut I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Pumic Stone. The die left little perferated holes round the circle so with sale pale blue cotton I threaded through the holes using a back stitch.

I chose another patterned paper that co-ordinated with the teals/blue and cut a section and embossed it with my machine using the Let It Snow 6x6 embossing folder. I added Pumic Stone to the relief patern to create definition. I matted it onto a piece of teal Coredinations card from Roy G Biv and used foam pads. Wrapped a piece of beige coloured gros grain ribbon from top to botton.

The tag was made using the Scalloped Tag die, again using the pale silver paper. Inked round the edges in Pumice Stone and used the same Holly stamp but used white embossing pwder this time. I used the Naught and Nice stamp from Misteletoe Kisses. The create teal background to the tag I tarced round the outside of the tag and cut with scissors. Matted and layered the two together with foam pads.

Tied a bog in pale blue ribbon and added a contrasting material covered brad to the centre. Decorated the black and silver Holly with small pearls and black gems. I love how the rectangle looks like a Christmas present, I can honestly say that was intentional.


-o0o-

Now that I have exhausted black, what colour now that is'nt traditionally Christmas...I had in my stash this gorgeous mulberry coloured velevet ribbon that I thought would look sumptious on a card. To complement the Mulberry I chose Silver. 

I cut a section of the silver paper but created a gentle hill shape and passed it through my machine in the Let It Snow 6x6 Die'sire folder. I attached some white trim that I though looks a bit like little snowballs to the under side of the curve shape. On the right side I attached a narrow piece of mulberry coloured velvet ribbon.

On a piece of Centura Pearl I stamped a snowflake in and embossed with Purple Glow. Cut around outline of snowflake with my craft knife. Using Tim Holtz Milled Lavender I inked the edges with cut and dry foam. I die cut a small Snowflake from the Die'sire Snowflakes, I added perfectly clear embossing stamp to the centre and edges of the snowflake and added Purple Glow and heated. A used some Brilliance Pearlescent Crimson to create some depth. I added some tear shaped pink genms to the tips of the large snowflake and some small pearls to the small snowflake.

Using a piece of white lace I wrapped a section round the card. With the wide Mulberry velvet ribbon I tied a knot round the white lace. Laid the large snowflake on top and secured with sillicon glue. Tied a smallish bow in silver bead thread and sillicon glued to large snowflake. I used the same narrow mulberry velvet ribbon as used for the trim and made another bow. This bow was laid ontop of the silver bead bow. The small snowflake was then attached on the top.

This section was then glued to a square card made from Centrua Pearl and the sentimnt was stamped onto the Centura Pearl in Brilliance Pearlescent Crimson.  



Keep popping in, tomorrow I'll be showcasing the next set of samples using another one of the new Christmas sentiment stamp sets.



4 comments:

  1. OMG these are fantastic Lynne...got to have them, love them all, great work xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. many thanks Debbie and yes they are fab. jammed pack full us sentiments and even some nice little christmas embellishments x x

    ReplyDelete