Friday, July 19, 2013

Happy Holidays

So what did you think of Misteletoe Kisses stamp set? Bet you loved them just like me...Well today is all about Happy Holidays. For these set of samples I stuck to the traditional greens, red and golds for my samples.

I previously showcases a card with a bauble using the Village Scence Die'sire die which I so loved and was desperate to work with it again. However I wanted to move this design on and try and so something a little different. So I made a card that has a detachable bauable that can be used to hang on your Christmas Tree. I think this would make a lovelty gift for someone spending their Christmas in a new home.

I'm not going to go into too much detail about how I made this as (when I have the time) I'll do a seperate blog page of how to. However I did use the Holliday Holly A4 and I Believe 6x6 embossing folders along with the Holly and Village Scene Die'sire dies and the gorgeous sentiment is from the Happy Holidays stamp set.



-o0o-

Using my trusty Centura Pearl created a card blank. I cut a section the same width of the card and about half the height of the card. I took my Holiday Holly A4 embossing folder and added perfectly clear embossing ink to the folder, making sure well covered. Then the piece of Coredinations was passed through the folder in my embossing machine. Carefully removed and covered with Tinsel Red embossing powder and heated.

I cut two pieces of pleasted red ribbon to go across the width of the card and two pieces of gold trim the same length. I marked on the card where the tinsel red holly patterned paper would go and added some ultra thick sticky tape and attached the red pleated ribbon lengths. I then overlaid the tinsel red holly section and then added the gold trim to cover the edges of the card. 

From some gold glitter card I die cut a sprig of Holly from the Die'sire dies. Tied a piece of cream and gold corn and some red pearl for the berries. Attached Holly die cut to card with sillicon glue gel.

I stamped NOEL from the Happy Holiday stamp set and used my Metallic Gold Spark embossing powder.

It's the first time I have used embossing powder with embossing folders but was surprise how easy it is to do, BUT just remember to clean your embossing folder straight away. 


-o0o-

I reluctantly sued some of my Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium paper for this card. I L O V E the holly paper and thought it would be a lovely backdrop. Matted and layered onto red and kraft card all inked with Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany. 

Using a section of green Coredinations card I passed it through the Christmas Patchwork A4 folder and lighly sanded. Used Autumn Bronze guilding was to bring out the gorgeous patchwork design.

I die cut a piece of Kraft paper and added some pearls. Cut a round piece of cream card and inked with Tim Holtz Tattered Straw and stamped in green the sentiment from Happy Holidays.

Cut a section of green card and matted on top of piece of stripped card and inked edges with Tattered Straw. Wrapped a length of green gingham ribbon round the card.

Die cut the large Misteletoe sprig using the Die'sire die and sanded lightly. Attached this Misteletoe ontop of a green gingaham bow. Added some pearls in different sizes for the berries and tied a gold bead thread in a bow and attached.

Created 2 small loops in green/gold ribbon and attached to top of card and added two pearls. Think I have fallen in love with the Misteletoe die.  


-o0o-

I had in my mind what I wanted to do with this card and although it looks the simplest of these samples it took me aaaaages.

I used the I Believe 6x6 folder on cream card and aged edges and relief pattern with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and matted this onto red card. I stamped the Santa image in red onto cream card and die cut a cream circle and die cut the Santa stamp using a scalloped circle die. Edhes again inked with Tattered Straw.

Now for the tricky part...from the Happy Holidays stamp set I used the JOY stamp. I stamped each letter J O Y seperately making off the stamp and used white embossing powder. This took a few attempts. Then I cut the penant shapes out with my craft knife.

Attached Santa to center of card with foam pads and attached also with foam pads J O Y. Made two red raffia bows and two white raffia bows and attached. Added two little silver bells to the bows.


Well that's all my samples using the Happy Holidays stamps set, I think you will agree that the sentiments are so versatile and can be used to create so many different styles of cards. Tomorrow I will showcase the Christmas Magic stamp sets, see you then.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Lynne, beautiful details and I love the traditional colour palette too. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so kind Tracy, i thinkwe both done fabby samples with these stamps and folders x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Lynne, your an inspiration. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh may have to have a spend this weekend. Can't resist these cards.

    ReplyDelete