Monday, August 5, 2013

'Pram'tastic

Well there seems to be a bit of a baby boom happening. In the past week I've made 23 invitations to a Baby Shower and 2 cards for two little baby boys who have just been born.

I just love the Marianne Creatables Pram/Stroller, it's such an elegant pram not like the modern contraptions you see today beeing pushed along the High Street. Wanted to try an steer away from the baby blue so added a dusky lemon as an accent colour.


Unknown to me at the time of making this card the nursery for this little bundle of joy is green and lemon. I love this shade of green and the same lemon I used with the card above just creates a fresh and elegant colour combinations.



I used the Pram/Stroller die as the main focus on both the cards and the Marianne Pretty Paper Bloc, Eline's Romantic Nursery has such gorgeous papers. The colour pallette of this paper block, is that of pale lemons, dusky greens and blues. In addition I used my Coredinations Roy G Biv paper stack to enhance the colours for my matts and layers. The card blanks where made using Centura Pearl Accents.

In a completely different colour pallete a good friend who is about to me a new Mummy asked me to make Baby Shower invitations, which I was deeply honoured. The colour pallete of these cards is the same as the nursery (as the main purpose of having the baby shower is to show it off). I used my Cricut machine to cut the fret work design and used gingham and spotty paper in white and mocha and accented with chocolate ribbon and pearls. They just look so cute. Cant wait till her little bundle arrives so I can use the pram die again.





No comments:

Post a Comment