Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lavender Fields

So we have been on all those Romantic Journey's and we need somewhere to store all those love letters and postcards we collected along the way.


I took one of those Papier Mache books and set about decorating the inside and outside.

I didn't have a 'plan' with this one, which is not like me. I pretty much got as much as I could out of my stash that I though matched colour wise, texture and style and just set about,cutting, layering, embellishing until I was happy with how it looked. 

From Crafter's Companion store cupboard I used:


Charms: Marianne, Travel JU0894
Lace: Marianne, Vintage Fleur JU0898
Folders: Die'sire, Regency Damask 8x8
Paper: Marianne Romantic Journey (PK9096)
Marianne Creatables Dies: Anja's Small Corner (LR0214), Anja's Vintage Swirls (LR0271), Anja's Vintage Ornaments 2 (LR0270), Classic Mailbox (LR0275)
Marianne Craftables Dies: Ivy Corner (CR1253), Circle and Flower Stitch (CR1248)
Marianne Collectables Dies: Banner and Text Everyday (COL1248)

I love that the Marianne products have helped me use paper in different ways - I've torn paper to expose layers underneath and this time I turned a corner over and let flowers spill out from underneath. So easy to do.


So we now have a perfect place to keep all those romantic letters and postcards.


So it's back to Paris tomorrow to catch our flight back to the UK so we can tune into the show on Create and Craft TV, 8th September where 'hopefully' you'll be able to see my samples on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment