Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cherry Blossom

The delicate scent of the falling cherry blossom creates such a delicate and beautiful scene. So taking inspiration from the Japanese scene paper I set about 'trying' something a little different. If you are like me and spend hours surfing Pinterest looking for inspiration then I think this technique of tearing paper to expose something underneath is so, so pretty. All you need to do is tear carefully and curl under the edges and you have a very different look.



I used the following products available from Crafter's Companion:


Dies: Collectables - Cutting Dies and Clear Stamps (COL1324), Craftables - Circle and Flower Stitch (CR1248), Creatable - Anja's Vintage Swirl (LR0271) and Creatables - Anja's Vintage Ornaments 2 (LR0270)
Folders: Die'sire, Rose Garden 8x8
Paper: Romantic Journey Bloc (PK9096)



I teamed the flowers I hand made with some shop bought along with some lace and pearls. It's such an easy technique and one I will more than likely use again and again.

So that's number 2 of 7, tomorrow we are off on another Journey, I wonder where it will be...

Over the next few days I will be posting all the samples I have made for the show on Create and Craft TV on 8th September 2013 at 9am and 12 noon.

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card the flower mix is supper xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so kind of you Nicky - I love the tearing paper technique to show what's under neath x x x

      Delete
  2. Wow wow wow gorgeous in every way xxxx

    ReplyDelete