Tuesday, August 20, 2013

On a bicycle made for two

So what do you do when you get that dread request to make a card for a man? If your first reaction is panic then don't. Try and find out if they have an interest or a hobby. For this card the husbands who's birthday the card was for love cycling so I used that I the inspiration.


Kept with the masculine black and white theme and love hounds tooth check and inked with Pumic Stone Tim Holtz Distress Inks to create a shadowed edge.

Sentiment and label stamped in black and embossed and coloured in red, by hand some red elements.



Used an elegant frame die from Sizzix in black card that has a gloss stripe - used it also as a matt and later and you can just see the light hitting the stripe at the top if the card.

The main focal point of the card is the bicycle. I chose a tandem as I loved that it worked so well with the fact that is from a wife to her husband. I used a digi stamp from Fancy Dog Studio - you not only get this but lots of others so definately a great addition to my stash. Printed onto super smooth, coloured with Pro Markers and carefully cut out using my craft knife.



Embellished with some quilted metallic and glitter love hearts from my stash. 

Hopefully the Husband likes it by I know the Wife loves it, phew another happy customer.   


No comments:

Post a Comment