Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sweet Baby Rosebud

This is my second sneaky preview of a new set of stamps and digital images launching this week from Crafter’s Companion on Create and Craft TV.

I think of all the stamped images Baby Rosebud has to be the sweetest, without seeing the image the name conjures up the sweetest little image, surrounded by beautiful little delicate roses.



Using my Spectrum Noirs I set to work colouring her in…I wanted to keep her dress white so the additional colouring needed to me be delicate, just like her.
I used the following Spectrum Noirs:

Greens & Browns: DG3, DG4, CG3, CG4, GB1, GB2, TN7
Pinks & Purples: PP2, PP3, PP5, BP2, BP3, LV1, HB1

Flesh:  FS1, FS2, FS5
 With a fine paint brush I added some gold acrylic paint to her hair to create delicate gold highlights.

Added Glamour dust with my quickie glue pen to the edges of her dress, her wings and the roses, then set about cutting her out with my craft knife.



The backing paper on this cd-rom are amazing, delicately faded designs that suit the images so well. After much deliberation I selected a pink clover design and a pink and white brushed effect paper. Distressed the edges with my inky dusters with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet. And joined using some stretch lace and ribbon, both in cream.
With some cream paper I made a rose from the Die’sireq uilling flower range, large and small rose. I made one small rose and curled them in to make the centre bud, another small rose but curled the petals outwards and then three of the large rose all curled out. Once they were all quilled I sprayed the rose with Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle Iridescent.

The little rose bud image needed a frame around her…in my crafty stash I found a pack of lovely lace frame from K&Company. I backed the frame onto a piece of cream velum layered on a piece of cream card – I didn’t want to see the pattered paper showing through.
I wanted to play about with the layout – normally the image is to the right of the card and the floral embellishments to the left so I swapped them round. I think the image lends itself to that…I wanted it to look like she was behind the rose…

Added some clear gem swirls for some more sparkle. The acetate butterflies are from Inkylicious and I coloured them with my Spectrum Noirs and a light spray of Spray and Sparkle Iridescent and attached with Collall silicon glue.

The sentiment was cut using the Die’sire Scalloped Tag, edges inked with Tim Holt Victorian Velvet and some Glamour Dust added with quickie glue pen.

You know you need to buy these stamps, this images are so versatile and could suit any occasions, maybe next time I use  this image I’ll use more muted colours.
Remember and tune into Create and Craft on the 19th x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...love the image and fab flower.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doreen, many thanks for leaving a lovely comment x

    ReplyDelete